Answered By: Michael Mackin Last Updated: Mar 16, 2016 Views: 33
Installing SAS on your computer (Windows only)
Note: Installing SAS may take up to two hours.
1. Check out a SAS flash drive from the Library.
2. Once you have opened the drive on your computer, click Install_SAS.
3. After selecting your install language, be sure to select Install SAS software under End User Tasks, and then click Next.
4. Accept the default installation location (recommended) or enter another path.
5. Next, be sure Install SAS Foundation and Related Software (middle option) is selected and click Next.
6. On the following screen, select the Products you wish to install and click Next. Note: Our license may not cover all selected products, so when in doubt leave the default selected.
7. On the next two screens, select either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of SAS Foundation and SAS Enterprise Guide. (For more information on the difference between the versions, you may wish to read this article.)
8. On the following screen, again select the Products you wish to install or leave the defaults checked. Then click Next.
9. On the next screen, select the Foundation Products you wish to install and click Next.
10. On the next screen, you will select a valid SID file to license SAS. Click Browse… and navigate to SAS_9.4 (E:) > SAS_9.4M2_Software_Depot_32 > sid_files (see screen shots below) to see the two files:
- For 32-bit installation, choose Win_Wrkstn
- For 64-bit installation, choose Win_X64_Wrkstn
11. Choose the correct license file for your installation. Note: If you receive an error message, be sure you have selected the correct license for the version (32- or 64-bit) you want to install.
12. On the next three screens, choose your language and region settings
13. SAS will now run a check on your system. If all goes well, then you should be presented with the Deployment start screen, which looks like this:
14. Click Start to begin the installation. Note: This may take up to two hours, depending on the speed of you computer and hard drive.
Visit us on the 3rd floor of the BICC Building
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Portland, OR 97239