Skip to Main Content

Q. I'm an Oregon health professional, but I don't work at OHSU. I need material not owned by OHSU; how can I obtain it?

I need an article from a journal that OHSU doesn't subscribe to, what are my options for obtaining it?

Answered By: Summer Steele
Last Updated: Jul 02, 2015     Views: 57

As a someone unaffiliated with OHSU, you have three options for obtaining items not owned by the Library:

1. If you are a current licensed Oregon health professional with an MD or DO, you are eligible for a free article delivery service through PubMed.

2. You can sign up for a Loansome Doc account. Please note that request fulfillment can take up to a few days.

3. You may be able to purchase the article for immediate download directly from the journal publisher's website.