Q. What is OHSU Library's Get It For Me service and how do I use it?
OHSU Library's Get It For Me service is the combination of services also known as interlibrary loan and document delivery. The service allows users to request material either owned or not owned within the OHSU Library collection. Get It For Me is a service provided at no charge to OHSU credentialed faculty, residents, staff, emeritus and students.
Users can navigate to a request form a few different ways:
- By clicking on the ‘Get It For Me’ service link directly: https://www.ohsu.edu/library/get-it-for-me-service.
- By navigating to the OHSU Library webpage, selecting the 'Services' tab from the blue header, and choosing either the Get It For Me link or the Borrow and Request link. If the Borrow and Request link is chosen, scroll down for information about ‘Get It For Me’ service and then click on the service hyperlink.
- By selecting the link resolver ‘Find It @OHSU Library’ button located in many database citation search results (such as PubMed and Scopus). The link resolver 'talks' to our catalog and if it determines that we don't own what you are looking for, you can click on the ‘Request via Get It For Me service’ link at the bottom of the catalog record and a request will auto-populate for you.
No matter how you get there, once you are on the Get It For Me service page, log in with your OHSU credentials.
- If you are a new user, you will be asked to register for an account. Please enter your contact information.
- Once your account is set up, you can then place requests by clicking either of the two request options under New Requests on the left side of your screen. From there, you will be asked to provide citation information. The more accurate and complete, the faster your request can be filled!
- Typical turnaround time to receive an article PDF is 1-3 business days and between 1-3 weeks to receive a physical loan.
- You will receive an email notification letting you know when your requested item is available. If you requested an article, you will need to sign in to your Get It For Me account (interlibrary loan/document delivery) and from there, simply click on View fulfilled PDFs located to the left of your screen. If you have requested a physical item, you can pick it up at the location you specified in your request.
For more information, please refer to the FAQs.